Maximizing the Value from Technology
Using technology to improve departmental effectiveness and efficiency
With most of its department technologies nearing end-of-life, a global manufacturing company sought to identify areas of need and opportunities to leverage corporate technology initiatives.
Morae worked with legal operations, user groups and IT to develop a comprehensive technology upgrade strategy that:
- Methodically reviewed business processes and the current systems supporting them.
- Created a technology vision to support the company’s overall strategy as well as the law department’s priorities.
- Developed a detailed implementation plan based on the identified gaps, opportunities and priorities.
- Identified areas of opportunity and “quick wins” that would yield immediate benefits.
- Established a practical, logical plan to move forward with recommended changes to process, technology and people to achieve measurable results within realistic time frames.
The law department used innovative methodologies for seamless collaboration and communication to maximize the use of technology to improve departmental effectiveness and efficiency. At the same time, it strengthened its alignment with broader corporate technology-related initiatives.