A Fortune 50 company’s law department desired to modernize and become a “best in class” organization. To help implement this, they sought a consulting partner to guide them through a wholesale transformation of their processes, technologies, strategic partnerships and culture.
- Worked with the law department to uncover the issues impacting the department’s efficiency and effectiveness and provide recommendations on improving operational performance.
- Developed a prioritized implementation plan with defined goals and timelines.
- Assisted with the development of a comprehensive talent management and succession planning program.
- Developed and rolled out financial and project management processes and tools in order to foster a shared sense of fiscal responsibility.
- Designed and implemented matter management, document management and IP management systems across the global organization.
- Supported charge management efforts to ensure sustainable success.
The multiyear transformation resulted in increased efficiency and effectiveness, which enabled the law department to deliver more value to the business. The department developed a culture that promotes transparency, accountability, collaboration and partnership, and the general counsel has greater control, predictability and certainty over legal spend.