Legal Hold Management.
Organizations, legal practitioners and the courts all agree on the importance of getting the high-risk function of legal hold and data preservation right. Having a programmatic approach that meets legal requirements, can be performed consistently and efficiently and demonstrates defensibility through auditing and reporting is paramount.
Our dedicated team specializes in designing and implementing technology and processes, reporting and change management. We serve as expert advisors and provide 360-degree support before, during and after implementation.
Our professionals have deep experience implementing and working with the leading legal hold technologies including Exterro’s Legal Hold, IBM’s Atlas, Zapproved’s Legal Hold Pro and Relativity Legal Hold as examples.
We have unparalleled expertise, relationships and product knowledge to evaluate technology and focus on how it can work for you. We help find the right platform for you and assist with the following key steps:
- Prepare detailed requirements covering business, functional and technical areas which focus the team on selecting the right tool and form the basis of design activities.
- Assist Legal/IT in understanding the costs and benefits of each system and any associated infrastructure requirements.
- Execute on requirements by providing best practices, innovative thinking and tailoring to business needs.
Getting a project off the ground can be difficult. Securing funding, building business-level support, defining the needs of each stakeholder and scoping an early draft of the project plan present their own challenges. Morae Global can guide you through these challenges:
- Perform a needs assessment to size, estimate and plan for the level of effort, resources, time and budget required.
- Define and prioritize the business and technical requirements of each (and often competing) stakeholder.
- Perform a stakeholder analysis to quantify the impact to each affected group and the readiness of each group to adopt new processes and technology.
- Develop and deliver a prioritized implementation plan with tasks, roles, responsibilities, deliverables, milestones and dependencies.
With change comes uncertainty, and with uncertainty comes fear and resistance. Readying the organization and equipping the user base with tools and training are essential to successfully managing change. Morae Global can provide proactive techniques:
- Draft communications to socialize changes across the organization, educate impacted stakeholders and build excitement.
- Create training materials, such as step-action operating manuals and training presentations.
- Conduct end-user and/or administrator training to build internal expertise and position you to be self-sustaining.
- Provide post-implementation support to monitor system performance and offer supplemental training, as needed.
Implementations are complex given the multiple stakeholders, parallel work streams, limited resources, and so on and so forth. We can assist with the following:
- Design and document workflows to support and enhance your current operations.
- Configure your system’s technology to align with your company’s specific needs, including the creation of templates, users, roles/permissions, data source connectors, notification settings, etc.
- Migrate existing data from current systems, spreadsheets and databases into a new system for use on Day 1.
- Design and execute tailored testing scenarios to validate that the design satisfies your company’s requirements.
- Provide the necessary project management support throughout.
Implementing a defensible solution is only half the battle. Continuous monitoring, maintenance and improvement are equally important. Morae Global offers a quick, low-cost review of your existing operations aimed to:
- Evaluate use of current technology and adherence to the designed processes.
- Enhance existing processes to more efficiently manage the full range of legal hold needs and automate data preservation.
- Develop solutions to address pain points and/or resolve process gaps.
- Validate alignment between your existing technology in use and your future state vision.
Stay in tune with change
Want the latest news and insights from our industry? We’ll keep you updated on all the trends and issues in risk, legal and compliance – just hit the button to receive our newsletter.